Sunday, March 25, 2012

Upcoming Hunger Games party

To celebrate Miss 12 turning 13, next weekend we're taking a group of teenage girls to the movies to see the Hunger Games..... If you haven't yet read the book, then you're really missing out!

So instead of the usual party favours, this is what I've been working on.......




A big thanks to Jess of Craftiness is not optional for her great inspiration!

My first attempt wasn't so successful but after that I decided that unlike Jess I would use heat 'n' bond to attach the applique (I just used a pressing cloth so I didn't stick to the shiny fabric). I also used clear thread on top and was much happier with the result.

My daughter is thrilled and can't wait to give the shirts to all her friends. :)

3 comments:

  1. They look Great Tracy, I hope they enjoy the movie and party as much as the t-shirts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are fabulous! what fun favors! I'll bet they had a blast seeing the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are awesome ... bet it was a great Party!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments...... It's nice to know i'm not just talking to myself!